The west coast is one of the cleanest areas around Europes coastline. The water is constantly monitored. There are 100´s of kilometer clean beach and dune areas, where the whole family can easily have a fantastice holiday. It is however important to remember some simple rules and guidelines.
Always locate your nearest lifeguard post before setting about bathing for the day.
- Always swim along the coast.
- Use safety devices when bathing with children.
- Bring a mobile along for safety and quick calls.
- Never swim in bad weather.
- Never bath alone. Children must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not go in deeper than your waist line.
- Be cautious of strong currents.
- Never use large blowup toys, the current brings them easily outward to sea..
- Never swim while under the influence of alcohol.
- Never call for help just for fun.