Søndervig beach elected as Denmark’s Best Beach 2014. Read here.
For decades Badevej has been the main thoroughfare for holiday guests on their way to the North Sea and the beach.
Today the access at the end of Badevej is the scene of many services and activities:
- Life guard service
- Free access to cold Water showers, dog watering stations and toilets at The Top
- Free WiFi on the beach
- Handicap access via a terrain blanket read more
- Rent a beach chair at the ice cream kiosk at The Top
- Beach basket take-away from Beach Bowl – order from the menu: www.beachbowl.dk/restaurant tel: +45 97 33 89 00
- Ocean Rescue Camp (ORC) mini-life guard school for children 8-16 years in the weeks starting 21 July and 28 July read more
- Sunset sermons every Wednesday in July at 9 pm see the activity calendar
- Wellness on the beach, Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Yoga, visit http://www.butikheidi.dk/Tai_Chi-30577.htm for times, booking and information
- Overview map of the number signposts at the lower access to the beach so you can get an idea of where you are on your beach walks
Many of the activities have been launched under the auspices of the project “Super Beach of the Future” (Fremtidens Superstrand).
Read more about the project in the folder “Super Beach” (Superstranden)..